Completed 14 February 2023
Controller’s contact details
Hera Photography Ltd is the controller for personal information processed by Hera Photography Ltd, which is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Reference number C1280544). You may contact the Director of Hera Photography Ltd, Sarah Haskell, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the postal address below. Please mark the envelope, or your email, ‘Data Controller’.
Postal Address: Hera Photography Limited, 9 Goldington Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3JY
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers including contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details of clients);
- Association with particular employers or community groups, event dates and locations (for example weddings, corporate and sports events); and
- Website user statistics and IP addresses.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an enquiry to us;
- You have contracted our services;
- You have attended an event at which we are taking photographs; or
- You subscribe to our communications.
Why we collect your personal information
We use the information that you have given us in order to fulfil our contracted services, process payment, respond to enquiries made by you, provide marketing communications you have subscribed to and (in the case of photographs and customer reviews) promote our business.
We will never sell your information to a third party.
The lawful bases for processing your personal information
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) We have a contractual obligation.
(b) We have a legitimate interest.
(c) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Hera Photography Ltd using the contact details above.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep photographs, personal identifiers, web user statistics and IP addresses electronically within UK GDPR approved commercial applications. The retention schedule and disposal for each type of personal information is:
- Personal identifiers including contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details of clients). Those linked to financial records are retained for 6 years and then deleted. Those stored in our customer relationship management database are retained for 2 years after contract completion, or 1 year after you made an inquiry, if no contract was agreed. We will then ask if you would like to be kept informed about our products and services. If you do not positively confirm that you would like us to keep in contact with you, your details will be deleted.
- Photographs, which may show association with particular employers or community groups, event dates and locations (for example weddings, corporate and sports events). We reserve the right to retain and use photographs we have taken for marketing purposes, where this has been agreed in contract. Images used for marketing will be anonymised with no additional personal identifiers displayed (for example, players in a sports team or participants at an event will not be named). Pseudonymisation may be used to include first names, for example in the case of reviews for personal events such as weddings provided by the client.
- Website user statistics and IP addresses. These will be deleted after a maximum period of 12 months.
Your data protection rights
We collect your personal information when you email us, complete our contact form, consent to receive marketing material and information from us, and/or visit our website. The lawful basis for this is that we have a legitimate interest to do so and because you consent.
We collect personal information when you complete contracts and attend events which we are photographing. The lawful basis for this is that we have a contractual obligation, a legitimate interest and you consent.
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Your information may be processed by third parties who provide elements of services for us, including: personal identifiers within contracts processed by accountancy and legal support services to Hera Photography Ltd; and photographs by tech support services (for example domain controllers and web developers) and printing companies where print images are required.
When it is necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside of the UK this will only be done in accordance with the UK GDPR.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Hera Photography Ltd, 9 Goldington Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3JY, or e-mail email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Hera Photography Ltd, 9 Goldington Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3JY, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk